Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Living at the edge of our faces.

You know what?

It's important to take care of ourselves.

Each of us are the only ones responsible for our lives.

People can support. People can persuade.

But, ultimately, at the end of the day, YOU have to make choices as to how you're going to live.

I thought about choosing to be too hungry today.... but then I thought "Why would I choose to not give my body what it needs? That's a form of self-harm. Why would I choose to harm myself. Come on now, I know better than that."

We are responsible for ourselves.

We are responsible to feed our bodies so that our mood is better, our energy is better, our thoughts are better.

We are responsible for trying something different, if your current way of existing isn't working as you'd like.

We are responsible for shifting our view from inwards, thinking about our bodies, our emotions, to outwards, thinking about who's around you, the task at hand, the weather, the aesthetic beauty around you, the humor around you... even the sadness around you.

So... head up...chin up
Arms uncrossed.
Shoulders back and relaxed.
Arms swinging.
Steps powerful.
Smile on.
Eyes scanning.
Looking for goodness.
Looking for gratitude.
Looking for humor.
Looking for life.


Go talk to someone.
Go jump into a conversation.
Go be brave and do whatever it is you're avoiding.
Make the phone call.
Eat the meal.
Agree to social plans.
Open your window.
Raise your hand in class.
State your opinion.



Confidently, let's step into our days and meet our lives full throttle.




8 comments:

  1. Here, Here!

    Glad you ate. No more self harm! Granted starving might not be as flashy as cutting but it still hurts the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOO HOOOO!!!!

    I love your INSPIRATIONAL POSTS!!!

    They make ME want to live (you know not just exist)

    Love to you and your amazing words of wisdom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really great Laura, very inspiring indeed. We CAN do this and have an amazingly wonderful life. I so love reading your blog :-)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me happy to read. :)


    --i asked in one of my comments on my blog, but then it occurred to me that you probably don't go back to look for replies on that--- are you on facebook? if you want to remain anonymous to me, that's totally fine and ignore the rest I'm about to say.
    If you want i can give you my junk email address (that i dont care putting in here because its just for things i have to sign up for online) and then i can email you back my name since my name is probably easier to find since i'm the only one in the world with this name(my great-grandpa made up our last name when he came to America... so we're the only ones in existence!)
    So, it's up to you either way. Just thought I'd ask. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mariposa, you aren't supposed to be commenting! You're on a break
    ;-P

    Andi, yeah, put your junk e-mail address on here, and I'll e-mail you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right!

    I'm horrible at taking care of myself, but I'm trying to learn. I will make it there, someday, in little steps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My junk email is: andisnax@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete