Wednesday, March 24, 2010

GUESS WHAT?! (re-discovery)

You guys!!!!

GUESS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU EAT ENOUGH....

GUESS!

GUESS!

GUESS!!!!


OK, I'LL TELL YOU...

YOU HAVE ENERGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I hopped and skipped a little through the house as I got ready for work because I HAD THE ENERGY.

So.. remind me... what, again, is appealing about being a hungry zombie? What did I think I liked about that again? Really now....

I hadn't attempted to run this month becasue I was too hungry to enjoy running... and I don't run when I don't enjoy it.

But this morning... I have energy. and I thought "WEE! I WANT TO GO RUNNING!!"

This is what you feel like when you eat the right amount (not bingeing yourself to a coma... not starving yourself into a zombie)... but when you simply eat and give your body the calories it wants.....

then you can skip!
and hop!
and play!
and smile!
AND SMILE!!!!!!!!

Jane had told me that she thinks we need to do a lot more work on how food affects mood. She thinks I'm depressed when I don't eat enough.

I don't know if that's true...

but I do know that...

I AM SMILING
b/c I have energy
b/c my brain has glucose.

I LOVE GLUCOSE!!!!!!

GLUCOSE makes your whole world less fuzzy.
Your cognitions are clearer

I thought it was foggy out... turns out I was just hungry!

YAY FOR being alert! SO MUCH BETTER this way! You all HAVE to try this eating normally thing!

hopping
skipping
running
smiling
walking with a pop in your step.



it feels SO MUCH BETTER to be fed!

Really, it's like I was looking at the world through an out-of-focus camera and somebody just came by and focused my view. That's what it feels like.

It's like somebody just walked by and flipped the switch "on" in my brain.

It's like I was walking around with my eyes closed and now my eyes are open.

Thing is, I didn't even realize I was out of focus... I didn't realize my eyes were closed UNTIL MY EYES OPENED, UNTIL THE FOCUSE RESUMED.

I had forgotten you can feel this physically and mentally clear and good when you eat enough!

Glucose rocks.
That's all I gots.
I am a poet.
I bet ya didn't know it!



11 comments:

  1. YES!! please save this post for reference the next time you are telling yourself that you want to be left alone to drift by in an underfed state. I'm so happy you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -smiles-

    Isn't it so much better?
    I think it's interesting that the only form of energy your brain can use is glucose, so glucose DOES rock. There is a huge difference. (That's why Atkin's is SO horrible and people typically are in a fog after awhile).

    I'm glad you've rediscovered this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super spectacularly fabulously awesome post. i am smiling for sure!

    and i second bluecat: save this post for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you seem so much better. If you start to slip again what can we do to remind you of the facts that you now know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, I love it! So glad you're feeling better and recognizing the benefits of giving your body what it needs and deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are feeling better! So proud of you for this! I hope you continue to feel like this and have really good days. Keep pushing on and even though there will be bad days, hopefully with this new mindset, the good days will outweight the bad :-)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Your poetry is lovely, I hope you remember to look here on days when it's hard to feel this way.

    I didn't get a chance to reply to your last post before you posted this one, so I will now.

    First, it's awesome that you're excited again. I also think maybe part of the problem is you might over-analyzing too much - which is totally understandable, since a lot of this is fairly new for you. So it's natural to get caught up in trying to figure out exactly what each situation with each guy is and where it's going. But if you get too concerned about trying to figure out exactly what's going on and what you should be doing, then it becomes stressful and not so fun and it's tempting to just run away from the whole tangled mess.

    So my advice, if you can do it, is just to trust your instincts and try not to over-think things too much. Sometimes it takes months (years even) of knowing someone before you figure out where that relationship is going. Instead of rushing to try to figure it out, just enjoy the time you spend together and let things flow (easier said than done, but it's worked for me...)

    Anyway, hopefully that made some kind of sense. So glad that you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Dances alongside you*
    Although, I heart carbs more than glucose.
    *Frolicks through grass*

    ReplyDelete
  9. superyaaaay and a half! you rock thank you for this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saving this post is a good idea!

    Thank you everyone for your excitement, your reassurance, your support, and your readership.

    Alex... I wasn't being scientifically correct... I was equating all food with glucose... including carbs. PS: how funny that you wrote "frolicks through grass"!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may or may not have been on purpose ;)

    ReplyDelete