Monday, December 14, 2009

Only in California

Sign on sidewalk:

WARNING: RAIN MAY CAUSE SLIPPERY GROUND.



Oooohhhhhh!!!!! THAT's what rain does! Now you tell me!






(will post tomorrow about my surprisingly great therapy session. today was not a decent day. I will not write out what I (didn't) eat because I don't want it to be triggering. Didn't feel disordered... I jut sorta felt lazy and just hardly. I thought about 10 min ago about going to eat something. I walked into the kitchen. Everything seemed to take too much effort to make. Soup? Takes too long to heat up. Oatmeal? 2 min in the microwave is tedious. and all things that don't require waiting? Just don't want those... Lesson is: plan better on days I'm busy. Pretty sure I've learned this lesson a bunch of times. I'll wake up hungry tomorrow. And I'll have a big breakfast that I don't mind taking the time to make.... I'm not depressed or mentally ED-ed out right now... I'm just lazy... i'd eat if somebody brought me a plate of food - lol. i just don't want to get it myself. um. yeah.....)


Update: okay i just went to get food. I Was being ridiculous. Now I can post what I ate b/c it's a little more and less triggering. it's still not a decent day, but i'm glad i am eating dinner. mmmm it actually tastes really flippin' good!

9am B: 1/2 whole wheat english muffin with 1 whole egg + 1 egg white + pinchful of low-fat shredded cheese

5pm S: some of an apple (I got annoyed of having to chew so I stopped eating it)

11:45pm D (what i just made - haven't yet eaten but will as soon as I press publish post): english muffin, warmed up with 2 spoonfuls of PB and 2 pinches of raisins.

yeah yeah yeah, i know, not an acceptable enough of a day. it won't happen again.

4 comments:

  1. I'd say, don't say this won't happen again. I'm not advocating that you eat like this (ever) but, you know what? Normal people sometimes get too busy to eat (though, not feeling like chewing an apple is kinda...silly). It's good you made yourself dinner. Perhaps when you are too busy to eat you could try eating out? For a challenge? Anyway, just say you'll be prepared for next time. Oh look, you already did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I still have a few shakes in the fridge. At least I know I'm getting enough protein and a good amount viat's and nutrits. See I'm too lazy to spll out all those letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Heather. I am not against eating out by any means actually. And I feel like I pick up food quite regularly. It's just that, yesterday, I didn't even have time to do that. I could have eaten lunch in Jane's office. That's what I should ahve done. I kinda knew before going in there that that if I didn't eat then I wouldn't eat for a long time.... but I just didn't bring lunch. I also could have stopped to get something quickly after Jane's, but nothing sounded appealing. I really need to go grocery shopping... right now, my apt has no food and also looks like a bomb exploded in it - it is THAT messy.

    David, I really don't think I could ever eat/drink one of those protein shakes. I don't like them at all. But I get what you mean about keeping something that you will eat and that is easily accessibl around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always makes me giggle when I see how much rain makes California freak.
    I'm like, 'Man, you deal with mudslides and wildfires and earthquakes...and you're crying over rain?!' [Not you, the actual state of CA].
    The Soup made fun of "Good Day, LA" because of their coverage of the rain.

    ReplyDelete