blah blah blah
i just want to write a post to replace my last one. Because I'm not just someone who had a restrictive week. So let me remind myself of the other parts of myself.
there are good things happening in life now:
-I watched two movies tonight. The Proposal (so-so) and Four Christmases (HILARIOUS)
-I get compliments at work and it makes me feel good. Today someone told me "you have a good command of the English language, you are very down-to-earth and natural yet also professional and everyone takes you seriously, you are creative and innovative in your thought, and you are so passionate about what you do. We're so glad we have you here." That was a huge compliment.
-I get to tutor 2 of my kiddos favoritos tomorrow
-I got to tutor an ADORABLE 8 year old today
-seriously, by the time the tutoring session is ending, I just want to adopt all the kids and take them home with me. They are all so special and amazing that it makes my heart feel like it's swelling up so much that I lose my breath for a second.
I have to keep going in life. Keep going, keep going. Keep eating, keep putting myself out there, keep letting myself do my best to thrive. Sometimes, I find myself, in my head saying, "It's okay that you're happy" or "You don't need to apologize for doing well. It's okay to try to do your best." or "You are allowed to enjoy your food." or "You're still a capable person no matter what your stomach and thighs are doing today." or "Your body does not define you, enhance you, or hold you back. It simply is a vehicle for your soul and energy. So get out of your head and into the world." or "You can handle life. Go for it!"
TO EVERYONE: Be confident today. Walk with your head held high. Be nice to yourself.
Let me share an e-mail my dad sent me:
One thing to think about - doing what you want and making yourself
happy is actually selfless not selfish. If I was not doing what I
wanted to do would you feel better or worse? Would you worry more or
less? Remember the old saying... 'If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody
happy'... therefore do what makes you happy - it's the best gift you
can give to others.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment