I have symbolic dreams all the time.
Twice in the last week I have dreampt that I am going to Jane's house and Sea Lions are taking me there. I'm standing on the Sea Lions and we're going across the bay (San Francisco Bay, which I do cross in real life to get to her) and I'm having a blast. It is so thrilling to ride on the Sea Lions.
Last night I had this very interesting dream:
I went to dinner at Tracy's house. My family was there and so was her family. She served dinner. We had sandwiches. I remember that there was REALLY good cheese on the sandwiches (Tracy is always trying to get me to buy cheese in real life), but the most distinguishing characteristic about the sandwiches was the bread. The bread was HUGE. It was so thick and tall. Also, we had potatoes in addition to the huge-bread-sandwiches. The potatoes were cut into one-inch cubes and covered in this yellowish sauce. They looked good. In addition to the huge-bread-sandwiches and the potatoes, we also had pasta! (Remember the pasta goal and my violent reaction against the pasta goal from a couple of weeks ago?) The interesting thing is that the pasta was not cooked. It was hard and dry, as if it were poured straight out of a box.
My family and her family sat at the dinner table, talking and eating. I was enjoying the food and wasn't stressing out. We were all just having a good time.
Then i noticed that everyone had finished eating except for me. And I thought to myself, "What, how did everyone except for me finish eating?! Now I have to finish all of this food by myself? How did everyone eat it all already? how am I so different that I am the only one left with food left on my plate?" Suddenly I was very aware of how I was different. I still had about 1/3 left of the sandwich, a few forkfulls of potato, and all of the pasta left.
I started to pick at the pasta. Tracy looked at me with kind eyes and she said, "It's okay. Take your time. And you don't have to finish all your food if you don't want to." When she said that, I felt SO MUCH RELIEF. Sigh. Relax. Fewf.
So I ended up finishing the whole sandwich becasue I really liked the cheese. I ate a couple more bites of potatoes, but didn't finish them all. And I never touched the pasta. I looked up at Tracy and mouthed (b/c we were in company of her family and mine) "I'm sorry I didn't eat the pasta." She said, "That is perfectly fine!" And I felt so much relief again.
Then Tracy went to her room to get her pajamas on and I left. When I got to the front door, I opened it and came to a stand-still. There was no ground outside of her door. Her entire house was just surrounded by all this water - not just any water - freezing water. It was ice cold water. I could see the shards of ice floating around in and on top of the water. And there were tons of penguins EVERYWHERE. Penguins! Penguins, cold temps, ice. I was afraid of the penguins and afraid of being cold.
I ram back up the stairs to find Tracy. I was going to tell her it's too cold for me to leave. But I couldn't find her anywhere. So I was scared. Really scared. and I walked down the stairs to the front door again.
I stood at the edge of the ice cold water. A penguin swam over. At first I was frightened by it, but then I realized he was a cute penguin - kind of silly and smiling. And somehow that convinced me to jump into the water.
So I jumped in the water....... and it wasn't cold! I couldn't understand how there was ice and penguins everywhere but it wasn't cold!!! Then a whole group of penguins swam up to me. They were very friendly. I started to play with them. And, in playing with them, before I knew it, I was swimming away from Tracy's house. When I realized I was swimming away from Tracy's house, I stopped, turned around, and looked back at her house. I could see her in her bedroom window, standing there, looking out at me, and smiling. And I felt safe. I like Tracy.
But i didn't want to go back with her because I was too into the Penguins. I was just having so much fun with the penguins as I swam away. And I kept thinking to myself "how come I'm not freezing to death?! There's ice all around me but I'm not cold. And how come these penguins are my friends and not eating me alive?!" I was just in shock that things were working out well.
When I got to the edge of the water, more towards my destination, I was afraid to get out of the water because there was a man with a snowblower standing on the land and I thought he was going to shoot me and kill me with the snowblower. But I decided to risk it... and when I got out, he didn't shoot me and kill me at all. He was really nice and he showed me the path that I need to take. I turned around, saw Tracy in the distance, still smiling at me from her window. Then I thought that I didn't wnat to go on the path with this guy because I'd miss my penguin friends.... but then I so enjoyed talking to the guy that I sort of forgot about the penguin friends and realized, all of th sudden, i was on my way home, walking with this really friendly guy - laughign the whole way. Every once in a while I'd pause to think about Tracy and my penguin friends. If I listened carefuly, I could hear the penguins and I knew I could always go back to them. And then I'd look back to see if Tracy was still there. She was always there. Standing from her window, smiling, watching.
PS: yesterday was decent day 17. Remember all "Decent day" means is 3 meals and foods I want. it's not about perfect eating. So...
B: non-fat grande latte
L: ranch grilled chicken snack wrap from mcdonalds
S: a few samples of fro yo (sample cups), 4 modest sized spoonfuls ice cream, almost 4 oz fro yo
D: 3 oz chicken (maybe? maybe it was 2 oz), veggies (red pepper, zuchini, onion), panang curry sauce all simmered together. I dont' knwo how much. It fit in a cereal bowl.
S: a cup of brown rice
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an interesting dream! And so vivid! I love remember dreams in vivid detail, it's so much more fun and interesting to use 'dreamwork' when you can remember details!
ReplyDeleteI wont judge your eating, except that I disagree with Latte counting as breakfast :P [I don't eat breakfast, so I'm not judging] but I would never consider a nonfat latte a meal! Then again, I used to work at Starbucks and would drink them like I was a vampire and they were blood...so thinking of them like a meal scares me. But really, all you're getting out of it is some milk :P Even a grande nonfat caramel machiatto isnt that bad for you. [Just my ex-barista 2 cents!]
I know and the more I'm awake, the more details of the dream I'm remembering. It's kind of insane. I'm defintiely going to tell Tracy the dream. Speaking of her, she e-mailed me back today saying she really does not think it's a good idea for us skip our appt this week. She said I don't have to keep a food diary, but she thinks we have lots of issues to talk a/b that don't need a food diary. She sadi the appt can be free of charge and shorter if I want, but she thinks we should talk. So... guess I'll be tlaking with her.
ReplyDeleteAbout the barista thing - seriously it is like my dream job to be barista! Did you like being a barista?!
About the breakfast - i tend to agree it's not really a meal. It was just a "decent" day. not a good day. Calorie wise, I had more calories than if I had had a packet of oatmeal.... and it was some improvement over the last couple of days, so I counted it. (I know you're not judging - no worries! I like you sharing your thoughts!)
Glad you coped to the non B.
ReplyDeleteOk your dreaming about STARCHES! That's funny. And water. I hope you drank more today.
You should go. Ask her to talk with you about how you can feel comfortable eating X or Y. That's one of the best things about my RD. She goes over all this stuff about different foods. Why you should have them, what are good way's to try fear foods. How to get in touch with your hunger.
Tracy sound's very cool!
Barista is both awesome and AWFUL. Starbucks, as a corporation, is full of fail. They start you at minimum wage, you barely make any tips, and you bust your ass [to put it politely]. I left last May because I was so depressed and wasn't eating at all. Since then, I have improved mentally, quite a bit.
ReplyDeleteStarbucks is AWESOME in that you usually have pretty amazing coworkers who are like a little family because they understand exactly what it's like to be awake at 4am, and bitched at by people going to work at 8am because it's 'too early'. And MANY of the customers are amazing and become regulars and seeing how happy they are to see you and know your name is really nice.
Other customers are awful and mean and make you go in to the back room and cry.
Making drinks is really fun and you get to play around and personalize. My favorite: Nonfat no H20 3pump Sugar-Free Hazelnut Chai.
...I think I could write a book, actually!
I got your comment in my blog and Ill respond to it later :)