Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 25

Decent Day 25

Exercise: Run 5.5 miles

Breakfast: packet of oatmeal

Lunch: salad made with spinach, a few spoonfuls of black beans, a few spoonfuls of corn, 4 hard boiled egg whites, a few pinchfuls of cotija cheese, some diced red and green peppers, some diced red onion and cabbage and two spoonfuls of low-fat southwestern dressing.

Snack: 2 chocolate covered macademia nuts + one dark chocolate Dove square

Snack2: 2 spoonfuls ice cream, 1 small bite out of 7 cashews each (this is me getting weird with food and denying the fact that I'm hungry and just want dinner)

Dinner: whole wheat penne pasta (2/3 cup dry. produced a lot more than that cooked!), handful of spinach, some corn, some peas, some broccoli, some mushrooms, a good amount (1/2 cup? maybe? almost?) marinara sauce, about 4 oz grilled chicken, and 1/4 cup fontina/parmasean cheese mix (full-fat cheese. not low-fat or fat-free).



Thoughts:

-Lunch must have been a really good combination of protein and fat because it kept me full for a long while and tasted good. I'd eat it again.

-Snack 2 was unnecessary. I was avoiding eating and ended up snacking on things that just produce guilt. On the positive side, at least I didn't let it get out of control and turn into a binge or cause me to skip dinner.

-Picked things to eat based off what I wanted

-Did calorie count today. I'm not sure why.... I think it was just because the lunch and dinner were new foods which promoted calorie counting

-Not very much anxiety around eating

-Better body image than normal until dinner, after which I decided I got immediately fat, but I reality-checked that and was okay with eating the pasta. It did taste good. I'd eat it again.



Nothing else to say today... Had a good session with Jane. I made her laugh a lot, which made me smile. She says I'm making a lot of progress and am "getting better."

I tutored. I can't believe my 4 year old is starting to read! Today he read the sentence "I an draw a line" and I nearly freakin' flipped out! I was like, "Woah! It's working! You really are learning to read!" I've never taught someone so young before so i've nver seen a student go through the learning the letters/sounds phase like I'm seeing this kid do. It's pretty incredible.

oh, I could post photos from my weekend.... I'll consider doing that. ... kay I'm going to do it but this is embarrasing and i don't know how long i'll keep them up here. I want to share with you all but i'm embarrased to show you myself.... (um, i'm the one who is in all of hte pictures. blonde hair ish.)

I don't know how to put captions so... here goes:
pic 1: I'm the top, left head.
pic 2: I'm in the purple shirt
pic 3: I'm in the front row in brown pants.
pic 4: Me and my sister (I have lighter hair).
pic 5: I'm in the middle
pic 6: I'm in the middle (give me a break; it's like 3am in this picture....)
pic 7: I have the red sweater on. The other girl is my sister.
pic 8: my dinner tonight
pic 9: me, right now, as I write this blog.
pic 10: just for fun, this is an old picture of me and my sister. It is taken just as I my ED was first beginning to develop. I had just turned 19.

Besides my sister, I had never met any of these other people before this weekend..... (well, now that I sucked it up and posted some pictures, I supposed I've opened the gates for more to be posted...)
















Yikes. I can't believe I just posted photos. I think it's a good thing to do b/c once I do it once, I can share more with you. And looking at photos are fun - no matter how tired/unphotogenic I look in any given photo. I really don't know how long these will be up here. I might take them down within the next couple of hours..... but for now.... enjoy.

I feel weird posting photos.

But I want you to see so that i don't have anything to hide so that i can post more as life goes on.

5 comments:

  1. Loved the photos, thanks for sharing! Congrats on day 25 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok what's with the oatmeal every day? See I think you did great today but still find something to pick on you for. I really have been haning around my sister too long.

    Oh and I liked the picts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are beautiful! And you look really happy, too :).
    What is the pasta dish? It looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lickety: Thanks for the congrats. Glad you liked the photos. You encouraged me to post photos by posting photos of you and your sis :)

    EA: Lots of people eat the same thing for breakfast everyday. So, what is with the oatmeal: 1) I like it. 2) It is a breakfast I can buy at starbucks, which is right next to JAne's office and I have to bring food with me and eat with her every time, so, when I have morning appointments, breakfast with Jane in the form of oatmeal from the starbucks next door works well. 3) Oatmeal is a good for you carb and I have this mental thing where I believe my runs are better fueled with oatmeal. 4) You can change it up by adding some cinnamon or some chocolate powder or a splash of milk or some combination. Do you ever eat oatmeal? I used to hate it when I was a kid, but now I love it.

    Lisa: Thank you! You also inspire me to post photos of myself since you post photos of yourself. It's such a compliment to hear that I look happy. Thanks! The pasta dish was made as follows: dump penne into boiling water.... a few minutes later, add broccoli, peas, corn, spinach, mushrooms to the boiling water. When the pasta is done cooking, drain the pot (pasta and veggies). In a smaller pot, heat up marinara sauce and chicken (it was already cooked). Add the marinara/chicken mixture to the pasta/veggie mixture. Then sprinkle the whole thing with 1/4 cup fontina/parmesan shredded cheese. It was tasty. I look forward to eating pasta again actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair! It puts my wave-curls to shame. So excited to see pictures of you...and you having fun! Personally, this wrockstock thing sounds like something I would have gone to in a heartbeat.
    How old is your sister? She looks so young!

    ReplyDelete