Ah, never let me take a 10 or 11 day haitus from running again! I ran today and it made everything seem peaceful and in a rhythm again. Just wondering, does anyone know what I'm talking about when I say I want to feel "in a rhythm" or when I say I feel good because I feel "in a rhythm?" Just wondering....
First I didn't run because my friend was visiting.
Then I didn't run because I didn't feel well (well, I ran one time when I wasn't feeling well and the whole run sucked!)
Then I didn't run because food was off and I was eating junk and so I was punishing myself by not running and continuing to eat more junk.
And then I didn't run because I have this dumb thing where I have to start running on Mondays (if I'm re-starting from a break). Yeah, stupid rule. I dunno.. Actually I do have a reason but I don't feel like explaining it here.
Well, I was looking forward to Monday for the last few days because I couldn't wait to run. I knew I'd feel better when I ran. I knew I'd feel alive again. I'd feel like I was living at the edge of my face.
Today came. I woke up at 5am because I was hungry. I ate a packet of oatmeal with a little cinnamon and two whole eggs and 2 mugs of coffee. Then I went running. And I thought to myself, "Wow, Laura, you are such a weirdo!" (not a mean thought; a silly thought) because I am a weirdo. Because from the second that I laced up my running shoes I started smiling uncontrollably. I couldn't wait to start! And then I ran. And I felt so unexplainably happy! I went slow and easy and it felt GREAT. Then I felt like going a tad faster, so I did... and it felt even better! And at mile 7 I didn't want to stop, but I had to... because I was only oging to run 5 miles and, a mile in, I changed it to 6 miles... and I had already run past my pre-determined amount... and that gets dangerous fo rme because then I start to feel the need to always run past the pre-determined amount and then I get injured (like what happened 4 or 5 months ago. Wow, that was arleady 4 or 5 months ago!). So I made myself stop... but man oh m an that felt great!
I feel alive again
I feel healthy again
Perhaps i am a little too reliant on running.
But you know what? Even before I had an eating disorder, I used to tell people that I don't get seasonal depression like some people, I get no-activity depression. Keeping active keeps me happy and spirited!
And when I finished running, it was only 8am. And then I went on a cleaning frenzy (which I'm still on... I got distracted walking from the bathroom to the kitchen haha and started to blog...) But I feel so refreshed to have cleaned. And I talked to Apple and I'm going to have to buy a new computer, but that's okay - I mean, whatchya gonna do, right?
And I have to take hte GREs in 2 hrs and I'm totally not prepared and I also totally don't care. I think I don't care b/c I think they're stupid. But, whateva yo. And after the GRES, I have 20 min to get to the fro yo store and I have to work until 11... and it's Monday which means it's super busy b/c we sell ice cream/yogurt for a dollar - shizaaaaz.
So... I am not hungry but I will eat lunch b/c I remembered that 1) skipping meals isn't an option, 2) maybe I'm hungry and I don't realizie it, 3) it's too risky to skip meals (b/c then I get out of a rhythm), 4) it's stupid to not eat before the GRE, 5) if I don't eat soon I won't have a chance to eat for like 5.5 hrs... And i'm also packing my dinner.
this is the most pointless blog ever.
i'm just glad I got to run.
oh, and i wrote tracy back saying that i agree to see her this week. I am looking forward to seeing her b/c I feel bad. I feel like I've been mean to her and she might be mad at me.... eeek.....
there are things that are stressing me out - i could list a million things i'm not good enough at.... that are sort of ruminating in the back of my mind... but i don't feel like thinking a/b them so i'm not going to write them down. but they have to do with grad school apps and domestic chores...
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's called runners high, yo! I know what you mean :) I cant sustain myself for 7 miles like you can, but I know that once that good feeling kicks in, it's easy to keep going...and afterwards you feel SO GOOD!
ReplyDeleteAnd um, minus the $$, about the new computer: LUCKY!!! I have the macbook, Mike has the Macbook Pro, and his little brother [senior in college] just got the new...silver, beautiful laptop. It makes me wish I had the money to get a new one! Which computer do you think you'll get? Which model did you have/how old was it?
And it's not a pointless blog! You needed a place to share your thoughts/feelings...even if they dont SEEM important...they are! Because you are sharing the thoughts that would otherwise just be circulating in your mind. It is my theory that no blog is ever pointless if it helps you clear your mind, either good OR bad!
I liked the blog. It was nice to see you happy for a change. You've been kind of down lately (or so it seemed).
ReplyDeleteI liked the thoughts on food! Good for you! and I know about the exercise thing. I'm just getting back into it. For me it's the weights but it still make's you feel good.
Have a yogurt tonight, and dont skip dinner!
EA, I hadn't eaten dinner until I read your comment. And i promptly got up and ate dinner. Thanks!
ReplyDeletewhich makes me get to say this is decent day 18:
ReplyDeleteB - 2 whole eggs, one packet oamteal
ex - run seven miles
L - purchased sandwich (whole thing) with chicken and avocado on very dense organic whole grain bread (very filling)
S - sorta a lot of fro yo (I'm sort of embarrassed to write how much I ate....)... it was about 10 - 12 oz (a cup and a half ish) of MY FAVORITE FLAVOR OF FRO YO EVER!!! I can't hold back when it's PB....
D - purchased salad made with spinach, apple, peas, corn, broccoli, carrots, tomato, and one chicken sausage with a couple spoonfuls of low-fat honey yogurt dressing. it's tasting really good right now. (and i have to get up in like 4.5 hrs, eat breakfast, and run. maybe i'll run at night tomorrow so that i don't have to eat breakfast so soon...
it's hard for me to write all that food down. that looks like an AWFUL lot of food!!!! Can it be that that's normal? or is that too much? I wnat to know what you all think and i have to ask tracy.
ReplyDeleteoh, and alex, I had a fifteen inch macbook pro, but i'm thinking i'll get a macbook now b/c they're cheaper.
ReplyDeletealso, i forgot to mention that there were mushrooms in my salad. This is such a good salad. I'm still eating it. Yes, i know... it's about 12:30 in the morning. I purchased the salad at 4:45, was full from lunch still so didn't eat. Started working at six pm and it was crazy busy. I left at eleven fifteen, got home at eleven thirty... read EA's comment, and thought about how i wanted dinner. I counted calories and it didn't "fit" into my alloted calories. Then i realized my alloted calories were not necessarily acurate. Anyway, i realized i wanted the salad. so i ate it now and i'm enjoying it. It'll make me not wake up ravenous tomorrow so that's good.
i really like the mushroom, chicken sausage, apple, corn, pea, honey yogurt combo....
I finished dinner. It tasted REALLY good. and i'm not too full now. now i'll sleep easier. I'm comfy from the food actually. The only thing I feel bad about is the fro yo. But there's no point in being stuck in feeling guilty about an already consumed food. That's why "now is now." To me, "now is now" means "don't feel guilty about something you already ate; eat in the present. don't compensate. don't retaliate against yourself. don't feel like you failed. just stay in the present. so... tomorrow is another day. another day to feel healthy and happy. i have jane in the morning followed by tutoring all afternoon followed by packing and running in the evening (i'm going out of town wed - mon. but i'll blog a/b that in a bit. you are all gonna think i'm a freak when i tell you where i'm going with my sister...)
ReplyDeleteGlad you ate dinner. And don't worry about the calories, worry about what your tummy tells you.
ReplyDeleteAs for writting down food, I have not done that for a long time. The only time's that I write down food now is if I know I'm not eating enough or if I find something that is great! I'm only writing down stuff in the blogg so I'll think about eating mindfully and not just forcing it on myself.
I hope the GRE went well!
ReplyDeleteThats aqwesome that you have something in your life that's healthy that makes you feel so good (running)!
You are doing so great with food! So did you ever go see tracey? Maybe you blogged about it and I missed it.
Is that the black macbook? I think that's what Mike has. Is the one you're getting the silver one? If yes, it is SO gorgeous. Beautiful, clean. Lovely!
ReplyDelete*Mac Nerd*
How was the GRE?