The purpose of this Decent Day count thing is to keep me motivated. Thus, I am naming today Decent Day # 23 despite it being FAR from "great eating." That's why it's "decent" day and not "great" day. I figured I can call it Decent Day 23 or not. When I think about what the effects of NOT calling it Decent DAy 23 vs. the effects of calling it Decent Day 23.... it is to my benefit to call this Decent Day 23. Just saying that to make it clear that I know that there is lots wrong with today -- too much food, no variety, no vitamins/minerals, yadi yadi. I did feel guilty and uncomfortable and unhealthy.... but I also ate things I wanted (I just felt guilty for wanting them) Let me just put it this way: I am more likely to have a Decent Day 24 if I give myself a Decent Day # 23 today.
B: one packet oatmeal; one spoonful PB; one banana
L: one packet oatmeal; one spoonful PB
D: 2 dinner rolls each with PB inside of them and a brownie
Um.... yeah.... lol. I'm not "sweatin'" it, though. At least there were 3 meals? At least it wasn't super restrictive? Yeah.....
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To me, this would be a pretty restrictive day. But, going by your criteria I agree that it could be considered decent. And especially if that's going to mean a better chance of having a decent day tomorrow!
ReplyDeletei agree with the comment above --- it seems like a pretty restrictive day and in no way too much food ... but I say go for it and call it decent day 23 if it helps. you did eat three meals, and you did eat PB which is a challenge food for you ... so in that way, it was really good.
ReplyDeleteand as for your previous post (i did not get a chance to comment after i read it) ---- i think you could still call it a decent day. While you did not really eat a dinner ... you did allow yourself to eat later - and comparing yourself to the other girls around you --- you were eating "normally". sounds like one of those slumber parties when you were little where you just had bowls of junk and ate and gossiped all night long :)
i think you are doing well ...
good luck with day 24!
Thank you so much, Sarah and Lickety. I thrive off of your encouragement and understanding. Also, thank you for giving me your honest opinion about the day (that it was more on the restrictive side). I really didn't see it that way at all and it helps to "normalize" my sense of "too much" vs. "normal" vs. "not enough" food when people give me comments like that. So thanks!
ReplyDeletedid you know that November is national peanut butter lover's month!?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you reinstated day 23! One episode of eating past the point of fullness, in the bigger scheme of things, is not going to make one iota of difference, and hopefully you've already moved past it. It can even be part of normal eating, especially as you're still learning about what your body's wants and needs are.
ReplyDeleteand yeah, granola bars kill me sometimes too. i've been known to eat a box in one sitting. maybe i can blame it on the fact that granola bars were "junk food" in my house.