Sunday, February 28, 2010

ok suddenly motivated

Ha.

Brief lapse in motivation.

I think I (might be) am back to normal now. (maybe. we'll see).

I haven't announced this yet, but last week I joined match.com

In a way, it's kinda tedious. People winking at you, emailing you, you having to e-mail them back. I mean, if you're going to pay $20 a month to date, you better actually participate in the website, right? So, I've been responding to the e-mails, etc. And as a result, I am going on a few dates this week.

Anyway, one of the match guys... his e-mails made him seem like SUCH a sincere, nice, genuine, caring person - but also manly, manly - lol...

So I knew I liked his words... but who knows if I'd like him if I actually spoke to him in person.

Well, tonight he called me. And I spoke to him for an hour and a half on the phone. The conversation totally lifted my mood. We laughed and talked and talked.

Then he said, "Well, Miss. Laura. I think we should arrange to be in the same place at the same time."

I said, "I think so too. What time would you like this to be?"

He said, "Honestly?"

Me: "Yeah..."

Him: "Now... but then you'd think I just wanted a booty call so I'll try to be more practical.... what day this week works for you?"

(I am thinking. I have a date tomorrow, but not Tuesday....)

Me: "Tuesday?'

Him: "okay..."

(But the date I have tomorrow - I'm really not looking forward to it... and I really want to meet this guy.....)

Me: "Or tomorrow..."

Him: "Yeah, tomorrow is better."

(So now I have to e-mail original tomorrow guy and bail. um, is this immoral?....)


We arranged to meet tomorrow for dinner. I'm really looking forward to it. I mean, I'm fully aware that I could meet him and end up being totally unattracted to him... but I'm still looking forward to it.

I thought "Hm, what should I do about food? Not eat all day so that I can eat at the restaurant? But then I might be too hungry and I'd want to just keep eating.... What if I don't eat all day and I'm therefore not really present enough in the conversation?"

And then...

My friends...

I had a brilliant idea....

I could....

drum a roll please....

I could EAT BREAKFAST AND LUNCH tomorrow! AND EAT AT THE RESTAURANT AT DINNER.

Because.. then...

my body would be getting moderate amounts of food throughout the day...

I'd never bee to hungry

I'd never have to be too full...

I want to play in life! And you can't play in life when you'er walking around like a hungry zombie....

I want to play, I want to play!

I want to talk to this guy!
I want to enjoy people's company!
i want to be fully present!
I want to think about REAL things - not ed things!

I want to not feel frozen

I want to play in life!!!!

And you can't play in life if you'er tip-toeing around food...



okay - abort old plan....

new plan... EAT.


As Jane says: "Men: such an underrated recovery tool ;)" LOL. I love it when she says that.

9 comments:

  1. Wahayyy! I've considered match.com, when I have some money that is, and it's lovely to hear about your successes. Do eat breakfast and lunch, because the evening will be all the more enjoyable as a result. Ooh good luck and have a lovely time with him :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I met Andy in a round about way through a dating site. I met his friend Paul, just as friends and met Andy through Paul. So yeah, I think online dating sites are good, because if I didn't meet Paul that way, I would not have met Andy :-)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there are games where you can play a hungry zombie! But as a life style choice it's not good.

    And you are fine with ditching the one for the other. You didn't really owe him anything.

    I hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun!!

    Good decision on yes to breakfast and lunch! Dinner will for sure be much more fun when you're already in a good rhythm to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading your blog from a distance, haven't commented until now. But I just wanted to say:

    Awesome post, I'm so happy for you.

    And I think I might borrow that line for myself actually.

    "I want to play in life."

    Thank you for the inspiration, I hope your date goes amazingly well and you keep playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, give us the full scoop on how this goes for you! I met my bf on Match.com (as his pseudonym implies). You have to do a lot of weeding through options on there, but there are indeed some gems to be found! =D

    ReplyDelete