Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mission accomplished

I did it. I forced myself to get back into a rhythm today. I felt physically so weird today. So bloated and strange. I felt so fat, but I just decided that today was just a fat day and oh well, I have to eat normally.

So, I drank water - approximately 6 bottles of water (literally) and several cups of decaf tea.

And I ate food. B, S, L, S, D

B: packet of oatmeal with 1 banana in it and 15 almonds in them
S: an orange
L: salad: spinach, 1/2 tomato, small chicken breast
S: a very small amount of frozen yogurt
D: 1/2 a burrito (whole wheat wrap, pesto rice, chicken, pinto beans). It was left over from when I went out to dinner with my family two days ago.

I'm glad I did this today.

other news - work was like a whirl today. Busy, but good. I sort of have no idea what I'm doing - lol - but I know I'll be able to figure it all out in time. The regional director is so awesome. She sent me an email asking if I would consent to being her "test subject" for training new employees. She said she wanted to support me and make sure I have hte support necessary. I wrote back to her telling her she's amazing and I'd eagerly be her test subject. She wrote back telling me "I am energized by working with people of your caliber. I'm grateful you'll allow me to mentor you." Um, hello?! I am so grateful that she's mentoring me!


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both parts of this post. It takes incredible strength to properly take care of yourself food-wise in the face of a 'fat' day and I take my hat off to you...if I had a hat that is!

    And that your director is saying stuff like that is a fantastic reflection on you, you should be so proud.

    I am proud to read about it, and I am proud to know you :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get back on track and thank you too for the support while I am trying to get back on track. It's so tough when things like this throw you off balance. For me, I've never really got this far before and oh boy ED loves to give me a hard time. I'm also glad you agreed to be the test subject for your director, that always looks good and it feels good. Good for you!
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you were able to get back into a rhythm today! Can I offer a gentle challenge to let it continue today?

    And that's awesome she recognizes your drive and your talents in what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YaY! Glad your doing better. One thing "a very small" and "16 almonds" Do you think it helps to count out the almonds or quantify values as very small, small HUGE, ect?

    I'm just asking. Sometimes it really helps me sometimes it just sucks me down into restricting more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, cal counting and measuring is an ED thing sometimes, but sometimes its for Tracy or you all... it just helps me describe what I ate. Sometimes when I write "10 almonds" or "1/2 cup rice" I didn't actually count/measure it... it's just my best guess and I only include it to help some one else picture what I ate. So it's actually more often with the reader in mind...

    Also, about the diet coke... I wasn't drinking enough diet coke either. I was only drinking a few sips a day, it just felt like a lot be/c I kept ordering it - but I wasn't drinking any liquid. I think the digestion issues were actually just coming from a lot of dehydration.

    Thanks for the congratulations though. I hope you're feeling better and better every day!

    Andi, good challenge! I'll take you up on it :)

    Sarah and Sarah (hehe): Thank you for the support - you have no idea how much I treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeppers, I too order food and then just look at it or play with it. The worst was ordering it at out, not eating it cause I was with "people" and then going home and binging cause I didn't eat enough.

    That makes sense about the estmating. I just was flashing back to when I would weight the bread, zero the scale, place lettuce on to get a good measurement of the letuce weight, zero out the scale, weigh the onion slice - seriously! In what world is that normal? Well I'm taking the rest of the day off- have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *pat on the back*

    Man, I know that's hard! You are so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done!! That's definitely all three: A "go," a "fight," and for sure a WIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you're in a position to work with people who are great mentors. New jobs are always hard (at least for me) in that I feel like I don't know what I'm doing for a little while, but that's to be expected, and it sounds like you have a great person to help you figure it out. Congrats on getting back on track. Remember that your mind will be at the top of it's game and you can continue to work at a higher caliber if you can continue to nourish it :)

    ReplyDelete