You know those days where, at the end of the day, you feel like you did a lot and enjoyed it all? The days where you feel tired in a good way? That's today for me.
- Today I walked into the center to find a giant bouquet of balloons tied to my chair. My boss and other colleague welcomed me to my new job with "Congrats" balloons. They are the sweetest. It's so nice to feel wanted, you know? And, today, I felt wanted. I felt believed it and appreciated.
- I took a lunch break with 3 coworkers. It was nice to get to know them on a personal level.
- I got to speak Spanish a lot today.
- I got to train other tutor trainers. I have a little pet project of making our training sessions much more enjoyable and effective. I love this part of my job.
- I went on a date tonight, with a guy who was just really awesome!!! I am DEFINITELY interested in a 2nd date. I hope he is too.... He was so polite, so attentive, so interesting, so cute. So, we'll see.
- I got to hang out with Nicole tonight. We cuddled, ate copious amounts of cookie dough, and watched Grey's Anatomy :)
- I had an excellent food day where, without any guilt or overthinking, I got that 'ah, satisfied' feeling! I ate what I was craving. I finally ate enough to feel a breath of relief from satisfaction. It just felt great to eat like this! I haven't had this normal of a food day in a while. Even when I have a "normal" food day, it's not this normal. I just was eating, not overthinking, satisfying my body. And, yeah, I probably overdid it a bit on the cookie dough... but I was having fun with a friend, and, well, I'm just able to shrug my shoulders and say oh well!
- Because my boss is afraid I'll burn out because I've "worked so hard this week" (um, hello? Compared to teaching nothing is hard) I am not allowed to go into work tomorrow until noon. In the morning I'm going to try yoga from a link that R sent me :) and talk to Tracy.
Well, what a happy day. Now my eyes are closing. But I still need to take my coat off and get ready for bed :)
Positive thoughts to you all!
I loved reading about your :) day. I'm so glad you have such lovely coworkers and a job you enjoy. Well done on the eating side too...and your date wow!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good sleep to recover from all that excitement!
Sarah x
Yep it's probably time to cut down a little, it's ok to just say "Hey I'm doing very good right now, I think we can cut down some now, maybe once a month?" Also let her know that your continuing to see Jane and if Jane say's that you need to talk to her sooner you will call. Of course you might want to clear it with Jane too. My therapist didn't want to get involved with food at first, and most of the time we don't talk about food.
ReplyDeleteGlad so many things are going so good for you now! Keep up all the good things and I total hope you slept in and had a good morning off.
I loved reading this post! I'm so happy to hear that you've had so much good going on.
ReplyDeleteI think it sounds healthy to reduce the amount you see Tracy. After all (and this is just my opinion) I think recovery involves eventually being able to thrive on your own. I also think you're wise to not quit cold turkey since that way you can still get the bits from the meetings that you do listen to.
I hope you get more good days like this soon!!!!
Hooray for happy days!! And fun work and bosses that care and "help" you keep work/life balanced. Balance is good balance is good balance is good!
ReplyDeleteYoga. It was one of the earlier recommendations to me to find more balance and to help me be more in the moment. Try to give it a few chances if you don't like it straight away. It takes some getting used to. :o) I love it now!
..and she's BACK!!
ReplyDeleteHow was Grey's? I gave up on it a while ago but I kind of like Private Practice now :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure about Tracy. I guess talking to Jane and seeing what she thinks could help you figure it out. Only YOU can know for sure if you are ready.
I'm so happy you had such a great day. I'm glad things are going well for you. you deserve it! xo
ReplyDeletei stopped seeing my dietitian. there wasn't any other thing she was going to change or tell me, it was all on me to be able to actually follow it. She lets me email her when I need to, though, and she'll get back to me within a couple of hours. I think that's pretty awesome since i'm not a paying client anymore.
ReplyDelete