First, I woke up and my sheets had hardly moved. That never happens. I must have been very still in my sleep last night.
Then I evaluated how I felt - do I feel okay? Yes. So I guess the unwanted dinner and evening snack didn't kill me after all.
Then I came downstairs. It was still early. No one else was up. I had the morning to myself. I loved the quiet, early silence. It's like secret time. I stood, in front of the sink, in the silence, looking out on the grass, the sun hardly up, grating a carrot. I paused to take note of how meditative this was. I hard the rhythm of the carrot being cut and felt my hand as it went back and forth back and forth making the same rhythm. Besides that... nothing else. Just quiet. Just peace. Secret time.
I packed lunch - as, even though I don't have program today - I am going to go down for an optional group this morning and stay there to eat my lunch.
I sat down to eat breakfast. Funny how my mind has shifted. It used to be "how can I get the most volume for the least calories?" Then it because "I don't even want volume or calories." This morning it was "how can I mean the MP requirements in a small volume."
And I sat, by myself still, 2 dogs by my side (neighbor's dog - yes, neighbor's dog slept over - and my dog), reading NY Times (um, did anyone know that a hip hop artist is going to run for president of Haiti?), eating my cereal comprised of grape nuts and life cereal, very vanilla soy milk, walnuts, blueberries, and banana. (not exactly the least volume possible, but it was delicious).
By the way, the breakfast blessing was: Though no one can go back and make a new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end.
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd (<--that would have been the result of being momentarily attacked by a dog with an octopus toy in her mouth.... well, so much for peace and quiet, lol, dog must be played with.....)
Have a good day you all!
Hi I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing you take steps forward.
ReplyDeleteIt is so inspiring.
I'm glad you are happy this morning! :) Best wishes for the rest of the day!
xxx
I loved reading about how peaceful your morning was. It is always really helpful for me to be present with my thoughts in the morning and kind of center myself and prepare for the day. Recently I have been looking for less volume and more calories. It is so foreign to me because I have always eaten the opposite. Hope the rest of your day is encouraging and hopeful!
ReplyDelete