Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A breakfast story on Day off # 12

something cool happened at breakfast today....About an hour after breakfast, I noticed that I WASN'T future tripping. I WASN'T thinking about the breakfast. What stood out was what I WASN'T doing. Explanation: I noticed that I DID feel food in me, and I ACCEPTED that without even making an effort to accept it. I didn't even notice that I felt the satisfied full feeling until I thought about it. I just, easily, naturally, was okay with this. I didn't have to remind myself to be okay with it; I didn't have to talk myself into being okay with it... I just... was okay with it. Without even trying to be okay with it. I just was! Also, I noticed that I WASN'T thinking "oh no, I won't be hungry for lunch." Actually, I was struck by the fact that I WASN'T thinking about lunch. I knew I'd eat it. But I wasn't even thinking about it. I didn't have to spend time reminding myself that lunch is 3, 4 hours away and I'll be hungry again by then. I didn't have to spend effort pulling myself back into the present. I wasn't even overthinking hunger/fullness levels. I just ate and that's that. I just got dressed and started getting on with my day, pulled my index card for lunch to see what it was, and that's when it struck me: Woah... I totally feel food in me and am okay with that, in fact, it feels good (pause: did I just say it feels good? I did, and I meant it... weird...), and.... woah, I didn't even have a thought about lunch during breakfast or post breakfats..... woah..... I just ate and then moved on without thinking anything..... woah. what? really? so weird. good weird... I just did that without trying to... it was only when I pulled my index card for lunch that I realized that that happened. So, anyways, that was nice. And, by the way, breakfast was a bagel with 1 tbspn low-fat cream cheese (on one half), 1 tbspn PB (on the other half) and half a banana.

ok, this was exciting and I wanted to tell you all!


6 comments:

  1. I am excited to read this! Wohoo! A victorious moment :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Becoming human again is an awesome feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! This is EXCITING! This is life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! I long to reach the point where having the feeling of food in my stomach doesn't make me go crazy. What a wonderful milestone in your recovery! Way to kick ED in the butt!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH that's so awesome im so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 you are sucha trooper girl, watching(reading lol) you get well is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO proud of you! That is awesome, Laura. It is amazing to see how far you have come! This makes me excited too :)

    ReplyDelete