"Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -Anon.
"You are Awesome raised to the three."
"I beg you... to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not e ale to live them. and the point is, to live everything. live the questions now. perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer..." ~rainer maria rilke
(Sometimes I think: But what will happen if I eat normally?! What will happen to my weight?! Will I hate myself if I eat normally?! ..... I even have a fear about going to the program, which begins tomorrow, that the program will make me hate myself because it'll make me eat regularly. Yes, I hear the twistedness of that statement. But here's the thing: we can't know. WE can't know how our bodies will be. We can't know how we will feel. But there is something in each of us that KNOWS the right thing to do is to eat normally, is to take care of ourselves. There are all these "But what if...." questions. The point is to have the question, without an answer, and trudge forwards anyway! And, once you've gone forward enough, you'll find the answer. And, despite our worries, I think, deep down, we all know, that the answers will be good answers...)
"Peace begins with a smile!" -Mother Teresa
(I seriously believe this. Smiling at someone can brighten their day.... and it's so easy to do!)
"be the change you wish to see in the world..." -gandhi.
(You know, I used to dislike that Gandhi quote. Right now, though, I like it. One change I'd like to see: I'd like to see people stop hating their perfectly beautiful bodies. I'd like the picture of beauty to come in more than one shape. And so, I'd like to be an example of someone who can carry herself with confidence, regardless of if she's having a "Fat day." While this isn't something that I can do easily or naturally now... I can fake it 'till I make it. I can not dwell on the "I hate my disgustingly huge body" thoughts. I can try my best to ignore them. I can remember the example I want to be.)
"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - unknown
"Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." -Desmond Tutu
"We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be." -Jane Austen
Thanks for all the inspirational quotes!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of you and sending positive good lucks vibes for your first day of program tomorrow. If it's any comfort, I have many friends who went to the EDCC and all of them had really good experiences there. :)
Rachael*
What inspiring quotes. I love the smile one and the Desmond Tutu one. I really hope the program goes well for you, you are fabulous!
ReplyDeletexxxx
I have a slight obsession with quotes and have heard most of these - some of my favorites too!
ReplyDeleteI will be thinking of you tomorrow when you start you program. My T told me that if I felt like a total "deer in headlights" when I started IOP that it was completely normal, and even somewhat expected. So - if you happen to have anxiety like that going in, know that it is normal. It definitely took me a while to warm up to the idea of being there. I just had to take it all in and find a tiny corner of comfort. Now, it is still emotionally uncomfortable at times, but it is a safe place, and that feels good.
Just my experience :)
Cannot wait to hear how it goes for you!!! ... and I hope you get some sleep tonight.
the third one!! i have that card!! i brought it with me to IP! i love that quote. hope you have a nice week :)
ReplyDeleteThey are good quotes. Just wanted to say good luck today with the program starting. Thining of you hun!
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Sarah
P.S. I just gave you the 'a hoy award' on my blog. Hope your day goes okay :-)
ReplyDeletegood quotes!! you should, edit, you have to make the decision that you will embrace recovery at the program. if you go in fearing your disease, you will ultimately feed it. i learned a powerful thought about it. if you fear you ED you cant beat it. do not fear your mind, but battle it and make the correct behaviors. you didnt choose it, but your behaviors reflect your fear in an ED. good luck girl!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you today, and hoping things go well for you.
ReplyDelete