It is midnight and I'm SO TIRED and have to get up early so I really want to actually keep this short. Maybe I'll do it in note form:
1. Funniest things EVER happened in Jane's office today. So between the couch, where I sit, and the chair, where she sits, there's a window. Outside of the window there's a tree. Jane was talking and she goes, "There's a man in the tree!" And I said, "What?!" And I look out the window and see a man - middle aged, dressed in regular clothing - CLIMBING DOWN THE TREE. WTF?! He puts his feet on Jane's windowsill and then jumps off. So Jane and I both stand up to go see where he landed. He landed on the grass below, picked himself up, brushed himself off, and just kept walking. I started CRACKING UP. What int he world was that?! Jane goes, "Woah!" I said, "This was supposed to be confidential." She goes, "Don't worry, I don't think he heard anything." :) BUT THAT'S NOT ALL... then, as I'm leaving Jane's office, I open the door and there's A CHICKEN (like, a live animal) standing in the hallway. So I turn around and say, "Um... is there supposed to be a chicken in the hallway?" And she goes, "What did you say?" And I repeated, "There's a chicken in the hallway!" So she gets up and she has no idea what the chicken is doing. The door to the building is open and every once in a while you see a wild chicken around here... as in I've seen 2 in the past 3 years. So we just shoo-ed the chicken outside. Anyway, I MEAN WHAT IN THE WORLD?!!!!! After we dealt with the chicken, I said, "See you Thursday." She goes, "Yeah, hopefull there won't be men in trees or chickens in hallways." Then she burst out laughing. SEriously - I mean, that's like a FRIENDS episode or something!
2. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO HUNGRY it is unreal. I am eating a lot better/more than I ever have in 6 ish years, and, even though I'm eating more... I get satisfied for like... 30 min after finishing eating. And then I quickly become ravenous AGAIN. It is totally out of control it's starting to freak me out. Tracy called me today to assure me that this was normal in "refeeding" (weird that she used that word with me. I'm not underweight). She and Jane think that since my body has some more calories to work with, it's taking the calories and repairing organ damage (As far as I know, I don't have any organ damage so I'm not sure what they're talking about) and hormones (yes, those need repairing. A period would be a healthy thing to have. And, when I got my blood tested it showed that I had like zip hormones). I just feel like it's so weird because I think I'm eating as much as a normal person or even more these last couple of days, and yet, I'm ridiculously hungry. Well, I'd rather be hungry than full I guess.
3. Jane told me my color looks better and that I seem so happy. She's right. I am happy. She told me if I keep eating like this, I'll get more hormones, my period will come back, and I'll find myself more attracted to men than normal. She goes, "Just warning you. This happens. That will happen to you." Haha. Then we talked about dating for a while. She asked me when the last time was that I ate this well. I said high school.
4. I was supposed to bring a snack to eat at Jane's session, but I was SO FREAKIN' hungry that I just couldn't wait, so I ate it before the session (even though I had just eaten breakfast like an hour ago). When I got to the session, I showed Jane the empty tupperware. I was like, "Sorry I couldn't wait. I was just so hungry so I had to eat." She smiled so big and said, "THAT IS GREAT! YOU ATE ON YOUR OWN" Okay, that made me feel like a two year old - haha. I mean, little did she know I could have eaten the entire grocery store on my own this morning.
5. When Jane was talking a/b her theory of calories going to repair organs, she was funny. She goes, "Well, you've been starving yourself for, what, 6 years now? So now that you've begun eating a little better, your body is taking the calories and repairing the damage. But we don't' get to see its beautiful repairs. I don't look at you and say, 'You have a pretty liver today. Hey, nice looking pancreas! And what a lovely kidney!' Instead, we see it through the skin, the largest organ, and your color is coming back to your face and you look more flushed - in a good way. I think your skin is telling the story of what's going on inside your body."
6. Tomorrow is a busy day: run hard in the morning, go and "adult-sit" (stay with this woman who has just had surgery) for 3 hrs, buy lunch from whole foods, go tutor, cook dinner, clean, think of what to do with my friend when she comes to visit thurs - mon)
7. Food report today. Tracy is literally going to pass out when she sees that I'm eating like this. I can't wait to talk to her because I really really relaly relaly really could use some assurance that I'm not eating too much:
B: 2 whole eggs, 1 whole wheat english muffin, 1 banana
S: 1/2 an apple, 1 orange, a few strawberries, a container of low-fat yogurt
Exercise: run 6.5 miles
L: 2/3 cup bulgar, 3 oz salmon, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup spinach, 1 cup eggplant (tasted good but not amazing)
D: 1/3 cup bulgar, 3 oz salmon, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup spinach, 1 cup eggplant, 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
I don't know how many calories this was. I didn't count.
6. I sort of slept ate last night. I'm okay with it though and it didn't throw me off today. I went to bed, hungry, at 11pm. At midnight I woke up and the first thing I thought was "thank goodness it's breakfast time. I'm starving." So, thinking it was the morning, I made coffee and a giant bowl of cheerios with TWO bananas in it. I was mostly asleep. I ate it quickly - because I felt ravenous. After I finished I noticed it was only midnight. I was like, "oh," and went back to bed.
sleep eating but okay with it
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This look's more like a GOLD STAR day. :-D
ReplyDeleteI never thought about the organs being repaired. That's an interesting thought.
I was sorry to see you sleep eating again, maybe it was just a blip, you did look a little light yesterday.
Chicken's? Men in tree's? I never get the fun shrinks!
You are NOT eating too much! :) Your meals look delish, I wish I had your salmon with teriyaki sauce! Teriyaki teriyaki teriyaki it's fun to say! You're doing so good I'm so proud I could squeeeal or squak like a chicken! haha! That's so hilarious and random I love it when chickens just show up.
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, your orgnas are being repaired. When was the last time you went to a doctor? Also you should get a bone scan to make sure you don't have osteopenia or osteoperosis. Also your brain is probably functioning better too! Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you have less spelling errors in your posts...unless you just started using spellcheck? Or I'm completely wrong.
Oh yeah, and did you drink the coffee you made whilst sleeping? That would be nuts!
Thank you, EA and Heather!
ReplyDeleteEA, yes, I think I slept ate a couple of nights ago because I was hungry goign to bed.
Heather, you are always so energetic-sounding and enthusiastic; I love it! Thanks so much for your encouragement/support. The last time I went to the doctor for real was October of my senior year of college, 3 years ago. I went to a gyno who was awesome. He ordered blood tests; a lot of stuff came back all messed up, but I lied to everyone and told them it was "Fine." (I was in don't-worry-anyone mode). He told me, "You just need to go get treatment for an eating disorder. You really need to go to therapy for that." I haven't been to a real doctor for any substantial reason since then. I've been to a couple, but they were just to get TB tests for my job, etc. ... subject change.... I am not using spell check anymore. I think maybe I'm just calmer when I'm typing now (since taking the zoloft), which makes me typer a teensy weensy bit slower, which makes me spell better. I type REALLY quickly, which is what causes the spelling errors. .... and about the coffee in my sleep - no, thank goodness I noticed the time before drinking it :)
Aw man, you gotta get that period back! [Yeah, it sucks] but your body wants it!
ReplyDeleteI know, I know. I'm workin' on it...
ReplyDelete