Thursday, April 22, 2010

"that's how people get better"

Today I told Jane about how some of the people reacted to me telling them I'm going to a program. I elaborated and told her about some other ways in which people support me without me feeling like an infant. And Jane's voice just sounded so.... so.... happy. So..... touched. She said, "That's how people get better. When there are no secrets. When you are honest. And When people are completely surrounded by care, by support, by love, by warmth, by relentless hope.... that is how people get better. But all that love and support can't be there at your fingertips without your honesty. This is how people get better."

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful words. Wow what an incredible moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about going now but I'm glad you are getting better. Well you sound like your getting better but Jane is worried so that means that A)She is wrong B)She is being melodramatic or C) She know's more about this than you and you need to listen to her.

    Which one do you think it is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up! I'm glad you're making progress towards health! You can do it!! SF will be even more fun when you can enjoy it in full health!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i told people about going to ip i had the same reaction- everyone was so supportive and i was shocked. it really helps to know you have people on your team! i'm so proud of you and your strength! i'm on your team! GO TEAM LAURA! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,what powerful words. and it really makes sense. honesty, love, support, acceptance.

    it so makes sense that this IS how people/we get well.

    such great hope.

    ReplyDelete