Running (or any kind of exhilarating movement) is amazing. I just ran for a while. It felt way better than last time I ran, probably because I had taken 2 days off. I kind of know that I ran for too long and that I should have stopped (b/c I had to run with a slight limp. ha, i'm pathetic...) and that if I do the same thing again every day, my leg will be back to where I started. How annoying (but there are worse things in life). But for now - I don't even care - running just revived me. Seriously - I feel on track and normal again. I feel less body shame. I feel like I don't have to be as careful with my food. I feel better about myself. I feel energetic and happy. And I want to go run even more! I. LOVE. RUNNING.
So there will be somedays where I can't run, but I can walk. I think getting up early in the day and getting moving is so essential for my spirit.
:-D
Have great days everyone!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
now I want to go run! It is so hot and humid here in Iowa; outdoor activity is almost impossible. Maybe the husband will let me go to the gym after he gets home from work. Hmm....I wish i could get up early like you and do it, that would be so much better. Unfortunatly my night meds make that really hard. Looks like it's treadmill city for me :)
ReplyDeleteI just read your last 2 posts and i think it is really great that you are trying to stay on track and be accountable to your nutritionist. It seems like when things get busy and hectic you start to let the whole eating thing slide; yet that is when you need good nutrition the most. But I know you know that:). I can really identify with those feelings of not wanting to be responsible anymore and wanting to be taken care of. Being tired of adult responsibilities and paying bills and stuff. i feel like that alot. Of course now that i have kids it doesn't matter how badly i want to drop out of life; i have to be responsible. But that's ok, i just keep telling myself i can do it, even when i don't feel like it. Because really, what choice do we have, unless we want to live in an institution or adult group home the rest of our lives? No thanks!
ReplyDeleteOk, I am rambling so Ill be done now. :)
Hey PTC, do you think I could read your blog?