Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Off to a good start

Yay! I woke up without any restrictive mindsets or delayed feelings of guilt from yesterday. And I exercised, which is a sign that I'm in the present. Today is an on-track kind of day, my friend :)

Reminders for myself as I go throughout the day (mostly as I teach):

I am allowed to be in charge. Despite not feeling like a successful teacher, I still have the right (the duty, really) to ensure that the vision I have for every moment in my classroom gets played out.

Today's plan:
-Exercise (check - felt AMAZING - glad I took yesterday off - probably contributed to the great feelings today while running)
-Breakfast (check. didn't quite get the entire breakfast in. I ran out of time. I will add a banana on to snack maybe?)
-Teach
-Lunch
-Teach
-Meeting at school site to plan our extended day portion for next year
-Snack
-Meeting off school site for an organization I volunteer for. We're heading up an education reform campaign by organizing local groups of folks.
-Dinner
-Pack lunch for tomorrow
-Evening snack

Random observation: Seriously, 4 out of 7 mornings of the week, it smells like rotten egg outside. I smell it as I walk to the fitness center of my apt. complex. That seems so strange. I wonder if it's just my nose that smells like rotten eggs 4 out of 7 days of the week? Clearly this the type of thing you're supposed to write about in your blog. haha.

1 comment:

  1. eww, rotten eggs? Do you live near a factory or waste treatment plant? Grody! I'm really glad you seem to be getting a handle on things. And a day off from excercise is always a nice gift to your body :)

    ReplyDelete