Thursday, June 11, 2009

DIVING BOARD DELIGHT!

Gonna make this quick b/c I am so hella tired (as my students would say. Favorite word: hella. They put it in every sentence as many times as possible haha)

OH MY GOSH SWIMMING WAS SO MUCH FUN TODAY! I feel exhausted and worn out from it, but in a really good way. I felt like a little girl again at the pool. And, if I may say so myself, I worked that diving board to the death! I just dove, flipped, twisted, dove, flipped, twisted, swam to the side, popped out of the pool, ran back to get in line, dove, flipped, twisted.... NON STOP! It was lots of fun. I am super sun burnt though (even though I wore sun screen). I am a very pale person and none of my students have light skin (they are all Latino, African American, Tongan, Somoan, and Fijian) so they were making fun of my red sun burnt skin - bragging to me that their sun burns don't hurt. My comeback was "They may not hurt but the sun can still damage your skin." Not really much of a comeback :) Tomorrow my students are going to pee in their pants when they see how red I am though (because it's even more red than this afternoon). They arleady lose it ever time I get sunburtn. One time I was peeling so badly (and none of them have ever peeled before from sun burn) that they called me "Ms. Snake" for a whole week haha. But it was SOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUCCCHHHHH FUUNNNN! Great bonding with students. So cute to see them all so giddy and happy and child-like. All love of diving boards totally overruled any body shame.

And, food was good today. I skipped breakfast, but I ate L, S, S, late dinner. I feel mentally pulled out of the horror of the last few food days.

I also had a good session with my therapist. I felt like it was productive. I'll write more about it in a later post.

Last day of school tomorrow ! Wee! And I get to work at the frozen yogurt shop tomorrow :)

Have great days everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, my nephew said to me the other day, "One time did your skin peel off of your body?" I don't know why he asked me that, but your snakd and sunburn thing reminded me of that.

    The diving board experience sounds like a blast!!!

    I hope you eat breakfast tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete